terça-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2015

DRAPE, DRAPE

The kids went back to school today so I finally have a couple of minutes to blog. We had a wonderful holiday as the weather in Portugal has been absolutely great these last few weeks. We went to the beach almost daily and I got to sew a little bit after the kids were in bed.

I’ve made a couple of tunics, dresses and shorts for Teresa and Ines but today I want to share with you a super simple, fast and easy dress I made for myself. I am so excited!

Pattern: View 13 from the book Drape, Drape by Hisako Sato.

I saw this book for the first time a year and a half ago at a bookstore in Copenhagen and immediately feel in love with it! But I didn’t buy it right away as I thought sewing for me and sewing with knits was a bigger challenge than I could handle… But a few months ago I started doing both things and I am loving it. So when my friend Carla told me our local bookstore had this book in Portuguese (it’s the Brazilian version but it is quite easy to understand) I was thrilled! I think Carla was as excited as I was and decided to surprise me and sent me a copy. Thank you so much!

I love every single pattern in the book (though I am not sure some of them will go with my body type…) but I picked the one that seemed the easiest to start with: a very, very lose racer back dress. Because I am still not and expert with knits I made a small change to the original pattern: instead of finishing the collar and armholes with a bit of matching knit bias tape, I used my serger to make some simple and super fast hems. I kind of like it this way too though I think I will try to use bias tape next time as the dress looks a little bit sturdier with it.


Fabric: Gray knit form my local store (Feira dos Tecidos). There is not much to say about this fabric… It works quite nicely for this dress and I love the color!


So I hope you are willing to see more grown-up clothes as I am willing to sew a lot more for me in 2015! Happy New Year!

32 comentários:

  1. Whoo hoo! Hope to see more of grown up sewing :) The tunic looks very comfy! Not too sure I would be comfortable wearing it like the model in the book though!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. You're right Jenya! I think my version is slightly more conservative though... ;) I hope to wear it in the summer time with a skinny top underneath too.

      Eliminar
  2. Esta mesmo giro!!! Adoro este tipo de vestidos. Acho bem que cosas mais para ti este ano... Queremos ver!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Obrigada Rita! Vou costurar mais para mim de certeza. Tirar fotografias é que vai ser complicado... Mas desta vez a Teresinha fez um bom trabalho!

      Eliminar
  3. Está o máximo!!!! E fica-te super super bem! Que bela maneira de começar o ano aqui no blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It looks fantastic ! I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you make from this book.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you Marisa! I feel like sewing every single project from this book!

      Eliminar
  5. Oh! Sewing for you! That's my resolution for 2015. My daughter is starting to have a better wardrobe than me. I love interesting drapes, and this book looks intriguing. Lovely top, and Im interested to see more. Must get over my fear of knits !

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I saw the dresses you made for yourself Victoria and they are all gorgeous. Please show us more! And don't fear knits!

      Eliminar
  6. Este livro também já está na minha lista ;-) fica-te super bem, tens mesmo que fazer mais peças maravilhosas para ti e depois mostrar-nos é claro! ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Muito obrigada Patricia! Compra o livro que vale mesmo a pena!

      Eliminar
  7. Yay, sewing for you! Love it. I want more!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks Annika! I might have a complete wardrobe by the time we meet in Paris...

      Eliminar
  8. YES, we want to see more!! Love this dress. You look great in it!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks Mie! I might need some lessons from you though...

      Eliminar
  9. Respostas
    1. Thanks Justine! As I told Mie, I might need some lessons from you too!

      Eliminar
  10. Muito giro! Fiquei cheia de vontade de comprar esse livro. Também ando a querer costurar para mim, mas arranjo sempre mais projectos para os miúdos! Parabéns, ficou o máximo!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Muito obrigada Diana! Este livro (e todos os outros da colecção) é mesmo bom. Compre que vai gostar!

      Eliminar
  11. Ui, ficou tão giro!
    Adoro este estilo boémio-chic e em ti fica o máximo :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Obrigada Ana Sofia! Normalmente visto-me mais de t-shirt e jeans mas gosto tanto de ver estas coisas mais estranhas nas minhas amigas que resolvi exprimentar. É tão confortável!

      Eliminar
  12. Very chic! I love sewing with knits, although I've never seen anything like this...I love it! Here's to some grown up sewing in 2015!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks Monica! If we are making clothes for ourselfs we should make them look unique, right?

      Eliminar
  13. Love it! I have Drape Drape 2. I'm itching to sew something from the book. Annoyingly the models get away with not wearing a bra, or maybe it's because they don't have to move. But in reality not many of us can get away with that look. Like you I would have to wear something underneath.

    Have you seen Nina's gorgeous yellow drape dress? It works amazingly with her back tattoo.
    http://fliegfederfrei.com/2014/08/26/drape-drape/

    You ladies are certainly getting me excited about making clothes for myself.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. There is no way I would wear this tunic the way that girl is wearing it. Not even in hot summer days! But I like it with a skinny tee underneath too. And yes, I saw the yellow dress Nina made. Stunning! I can't wait to see what you will be sewing from these books!

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Very nice Marta!. I think you nailed it. I find very interesting the draping and you look great. I'm thinking on sew for my self during 2015 too. Looking forward to seeing you creations and Happy New Year!

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Ficou fantástico, muito giro :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Ficou mesmo bem! Muito cool! As fotos estão o máximo!

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Acabo de descobrir teu blog, ja fico por aqui. Fantastico este vestido!

    ResponderEliminar